The purpose of the event is to launch the Kata Research Network Group and scope out the direction potential Kata related research.
Visit the Kata research project page >>>
Who should attend?
- Kata practitioners and coaches – developed (in-company and external)
- Kata practitioners and coaches – emerging (enthusiastic to know more, but limited experience)
- Senior leaders in organisations already using Kata successfully (or considering using Kata and wanting to network with people who are already using)
- Academics and commentators with an interest in Kata
Note that attendance at this first event implies no ongoing commitment to research and further involvement with the group.
- Network Introduction, personal introductions
- Aims, membership, modus operandi
- What is Kata?
- Positioning of Kata in relation to lean thinking
- Creating the conditions for Kata
- Kata awareness and use
- Kata case studies and experiences
- Research planning:
- Challenges, knowledge gaps
- Research questions
- Potential projects
Executive Education Suite (3rd floor), Postgraduate Teaching Centre, Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University, Cardiff
There is no fee for attending this event.