What is Psychometrics?
The design, administration and interpretation of quantitative tests for the measurements of psychological variables such as intelligence, aptitude, motivation and personality.
- Ability – Refers to an individual’s cognitive ability or fluid intelligence. Considered to be static and unchanging throughout time.
- Personality – An individual’s characteristic patterns of behaviour –or how they prefer to behave at work
- The LCS focuses on practical competency – using tools and techniques to improve processes.
- There is an implicit element in this competency concerned with behaviour, communication & motivation –> ‘lean management’ has developed to cover these .
- There has been a significant growth of CI practitioner managers in organisations – arguably, it’s now a profession
- Lean requires that these practitioners act as teachers and coaches
- “How to lead and do lean?” – > a key question now being asked
- There is also the notion that ‘everyone should be a lean thinker’ (a problem-solver).
- Organisations should have an interest in selecting people with the right attributes for lean roles:
- Critical for improving the impact of lean programmes.
- Important for lean leadership development
- Coaching skills.
- Do organisations have sufficient understanding of the attributes of a ‘good’ lean practitioner and a ‘good’ lean leader?
- Probably not…so there is (arguably) a gap waiting to be filled