What is Psychometrics?
The design, administration and interpretation of quantitative tests for the measurements of psychological variables such as intelligence, aptitude, motivation and personality.
- Ability – Refers to an individual’s cognitive ability or fluid intelligence. Considered to be static and unchanging throughout time.
- Personality – An individual’s characteristic patterns of behaviour –or how they prefer to behave at work
- LCS focus: practical competency – using tools and techniques to improve processes.
- Implicit element concerned with behaviour, communication & motivation –> lean management.
- Growth of CI practitioner managers –now a profession
- Lean requires that these practitioners act as teachers and coaches
- How to lead and do Lean – > key question
- Develop ‘everyone as a lean thinker’ (problem-solver).
- Organisations should have an interest in selecting people with the right attributes for Lean roles
- Critical for improving the impact of Lean programmes.
- Important for lean leadership development
- Coaching skills.
- Do organisations have sufficient understanding of the attributes of a ‘good’ Lean practitioner and a ‘good’ lean leader?
- Probably not…so there is (arguably) a gap waiting to be filled